Tuesday 30 November 2010

Turning words into pictures

This Exercise was an introduction to the idea of a visual brainstorm. First of all I chose the adjective 'Wild' having found 'Angry' the hardest of the spider diagrams to complete.

Initially I began with a pencil drawing 'wild weather' - I then went on to do several more images but they were all a bit too detailed to be a true visual brainstorm, I kept getting bogged down in completing an image instead of creating a 'visual shorthand'.

When I got a bit stuck, I used Google as a reference as well as photos that I had taken years ago and also National Geographic magazines, which I have saved for years and finally now seem to have a purpose!

Here is a selection of the images I came  up with...

wild trees and wild ivy pulling a fence down from imagination


wild eyes and wild hair from imagination

wild night from imagination

Wild Joshua tree from photo and 'Wild thing' from imagination

tumbleweed (with ref to Google) and Wild West from imagination

Wildlife from imagination - wild mice, geese, foxes, mushrooms, roots breaking up paving stones

wild seas tossing  a little boat

wild party

wild seas - enveloping a lighthouse
I found this quite hard, and didn't really find a shorthand.... so I went back and repeated the exercise for the words 'Kitchen' and 'Exotic' - more briefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment