Wednesday 30 March 2011

Assignment 3 - Jazz Poster Last Post

I have been working on several versions of the Jazz Evening Poster. I have split them up in my earlier posts, but they have actually been in development at the same time. I decided to revisit the chopped up instruments.



I wasn't happy with the text on it, so I tried another tack. I zoomed in on the central part of the design and decided to put text on that instead.


I wanted the text to be clean and to stand out, but also to have some fluidity. So I warped the text, duplicated it and used the duplication as a highlight to give it a lift. I tried two different backgrounds again. The original blue ink texture and also a plain gold colour pipetted from the trombone shape which balanced the colours a bit better - looking at it here though - it might be a bit flat. 


Final Jazz Night Poster


Actually looking at this post published, maybe all it needed was a white background. Again, I don't seem to be able to stop fiddling!





No comments:

Post a Comment