Tuesday 13 September 2011

Assignment 4 - 2nd post

I began to have doubts about the T-Rex and decided to have a think about 'Lost' - I felt that the idea of a lost cuddly toy epitomised the word 'Lost' for me and set about sketching a particularly floppy sad looking lamby belonging to my 5 yearold, which I placed on the ground as if he had been left in a gutter.


I felt that it was better with Lamby cut off in the frame, but he didn't look lost enough, just dropped!
So I tried him in the gutter, a bit like the shocking images of the discarded babies in Korea that the newscasters put us through a few years ago.


Possibly the addition of the legs is pushing the 'still life' idea too far.... I rather like the image though. There is a sense of jeopardy, that Lamby is about to be trampled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment