Monday 2 April 2012

7 Days 2nd post

I have had a lot of difficulty sticking to this idea... I keep wanting to try out other things, but I think i really need to keep at it... so with this in mind, I have worked up 3 of the days into a near 'visual' state...

SUNDAY
Bright and Sunny, we had been to the allotment as a family, planted some broad beans had people round for lunch and made some cakes, my 7 yearold had played football and gone to see a friend, my 5 yearold had had a peaceful time playing with one of his friends and it was one of those really happy days, when everything seemed good with the world. I want the colours to be spring like and reflect the positive energy, I like the idea of things growing effortlessly in the wallpaper background while I have a nice cup of tea in the foreground. However, my husband is unimpressed that he doesn't feature in my visual, so I think I might have to add him in, he didn't think that the inclusion a glass of beer in the background and the rolled newpaper really constituted his very active role in family life!!!
On the upside, I like the fairy tale 'Jack in the beanstalk' references in the wallpaper as well as the feeling of fluidity in the pen work, so I think I will keep this as a pen and ink drawing when I go to do the final image. Also, I'm not sure, if I am working on a bigger scale, whether the figures should be bigger in the image, and the wallpaper smaller,



I have also had the idea of the frames contributing something to the final images.... so I've collected a mood-board including a range of frames and mirrors.

MONDAY 
Monday is always when I try to remember a million different things for the week ahead... so I thought I would create a self portrait of a slightly harassed me, out of scraps of paper, bills, post it notes, old envelopes etc all pinned onto a notice board... 



TUESDAY
This particular Tuesday was a struggle the boys bickered all morning - my 5 year-old had a tough time at school, I had to go to work at the Riverhouse Barn Arts Centre and then hit traffic on the way home. I had to organize film club for the Infant School and then collect two 7 yearlolds, get them to tennis lessons, get back to pick up the 5 yearold at the end of film club, get back to tennis, miracle up tea for the boys and then something for us when Hubby got back. I used to be a normal human being with a job, and now look at me!! The idea is to have a broken mirror with shards of glass reflecting different icons coming down - yes, it was a bad day. But when I started, I felt that the shards of glass were too negative... so I tried the idea of a noodle head instead... I think that this is more me!!



I think that this sums up my lack of organisation, but most of the time, I find the funny side of it! 

WEDNESDAY
My mood was a bit soggy, and I didn't have any ideas for this OCA assignment, so I was definitely feeling sorry for myself. Rain and falling icons.... 

But when I started on the falling icons, I came up with the idea of everything I did getting a big soggy in the rain... again, I hope there is an element of humour rather that downright despair!

THURSDAY
A Happy Day - I love thursdays because they are the day when my friend and I concentrate on our OCA work and for a few hours nothing else is in my head. I nearly always feel hopeful and full of ideas at the end of thursdays so I wanted to create a happy 'bubbly' 'dreamy' feeling in this illustration.


This frame could be a  mirror reflecting dreams - I think I will go with a pencil drawing, or water colour pencils for this image, soft and dreamy... 

FRIDAY 
This is a frantic day, because I work at the Riverhouse Barn Arts Centre in Walton-on-Thames (which is a fantastic place) all day, and I'm have to get back in time to pick children up from school. Hubby is back from work earlier and I like to get everything under control before the weekend. I had the idea of a jigsaw - initially needing to be put together, but I think it would be better if it was completed or nearly completed and maybe the idea of the picture being me balancing on a unicycle with all the icons ontop of my head and in towers on my hands would work? 


I might try this as a lino-cut and forget the idea of the jigsaw, I get a feeling that I am mixing too many metaphors. I also quite like the idea of my family as a supportive and encouraging audience!

SATURDAY 
This is 'cleaning' day - Hooray. 7 yearold and Hubby go to football, 5 yearold plays while I get the house vaguely into some sort of order, this week we had people round in the afternoon evening to watch the rugby, but I think I'll focus on the tidying getting things in order aspect - maybe the icons should go into frames on the wall while I hoover in the foreground.



Now it's time to get on with executing the visuals - hmm.






No comments:

Post a Comment