Tuesday 24 April 2012

7 Days Tuesday

Tuesday was my muddled day,

I stuck to the visual and worked it into a black and white stylized drawing of my 'spaghetti head' with all the icons stuck in the spaghetti. I wanted a sort of Warrior 'Boudicca' feel about it... I may be chaotic, messy and a bit of a disaster, but at least I work hard!!! I also wanted a 'Medusa' element within it. I think that I can be pretty scary to the kids sometimes when I'm a bit stressed!




I then took it into the computer and had a play with hot spaghetti bolognaise colours 


Somehow, the regularity of the image and the central nature of it in the frame make it possibly a bit too 'straight' for a muddled day. So I moved it within the frame digitally.
Perhaps the spaghetti looks a little like a sort of Bridle, so I added a bit more background colour

I was a bit worried that the very 'central' nature of the framing, although intentional in terms of having resonances of classical illustrations of Medusa, might be a bit too comfortable, so i had another go and changed the framing


Although this way, some of the icons get lost, the result is a bit more interesting. 
Might need to add a drawn frame around it to make it tie in better.



No comments:

Post a Comment