Tuesday 17 April 2012

7 Days Sunday

Starting with Sunday, I have begun to work some of the illustrations up...

My first attempt at a pen and ink variety was too blotchy in the background. I want a flatter colour. Stupidly I didn't scan the image before colouring it... so time to start again!!

I'm happy enough with the composition of it, I like Hubby being off centre, and I look more relaxed in this version. The boys have made a bit of mess, which is frankly more like them. I'm wondering about rendering the image as a lino-cut and simplifying it. Perhaps it would be a good idea to do them all as lino-cuts... I'll think more about this one.

After scanning the black and white line drawing, I did a mixture of inktense inks and digital colour... I think it's spring like yellow and white, green and blues give it the right mood, but I'm not quite satisfied though. It's simple but not really very stylish.. I think that that's the problem... I quite like leaving the frame as a plain drawing though... hmm, lots to think about.







No comments:

Post a Comment