Friday 25 February 2011

image development 2

I came back to the 'Dangerous' Image, and wanted to have a go with Conte Crayons at bringing out some of the earthy reds and subtle shading. I like the flatness of the stacked houses which form the backdrop to this purposeful cameraman setting off to find his shot.



I was inspired by the photo by Victor Munez featured in the Observer and his recreation of Marat by Jacques Louis David. I like the way he has eliminated the skyline from the image and although he has used recyclables, I wanted to look at a similar effect in Conte. I cropped the skyline out and added the word 'Danger' for the poster, but on reflection, maybe the white of the figure in the Munez


I then decided that a background colour might frame the image better and then played with a 'torn effect' to enhance the feeling of danger.



 I then had a play with the colours on the computer and tried the same thing a bit bolder, a bit more fiery red colours. Not sure at this point which I prefer. I slightly wish that I had used a bit of newspaper for a texture, but I tried to get a sample of newsprint from a Beirut newspaper from the internet and almost crashed the computer. Might revisit!

No comments:

Post a Comment