Monday 14 February 2011

Image development poster



I took the composition that suggested the word 'Danger' to me. Partly because of the subject matter of Beirut and the almost textural quality of the grain and the background of tennements and buildings, I decided to stick with the photograph and try to heighten the sense of danger by introducing some red tint. 




I then increased the contrast and added the word 'Dangerous'. I wanted an almost blood red, and a reportage sort of style. Trying to get the words behind the leaves was interesting - I cut then out on a different layer, but somehow they were still showing through.


I was then worried that the text was more dominant than the image, so I drenched the image in a bit more red. 


This felt a bit too heavy so I toned it down a little



This was my final piece. I wonder what would happen if I made a pencil or drypoint version of this image. Might come back to this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment