Wednesday 23 March 2011

Viewpoint

This exercise was designed to make us consider the meanings communicated by the use of different framing devices and viewpoints.

I chose to work with a collection of 'Workshop' tools roughly laid out on a wooden table. The idea I wanted to communicate was that the craftsperson had just laid down the tools while he/she had a tea break. I set about photographing the collection from different angles.


Different textures
Aerial view 'flung down'
tighter flung down and textures

like contrast of blade and leather


 I like this photo but it doesn't communicate what I need
Favorite photo, shows the busy worskhop I was after


More textures

framing device looking through the belt

A bit too neat looking for the effect I was after

As photographs I liked the close ups that were a bit abstract, but the most successful in terms of communication the most successful were the photos that showed a more haphazard collection and the ones that looked the most crowded within the frame. The next part of the exercise was to turn to the sketchbook, see next post





No comments:

Post a Comment