Wednesday 30 March 2011

Assignment 3 - Jazz Poster - post 3

My 3rd attempt was of a Blues Lady. My initial concept was to play on the shapes made by a blues singer, the lights and the instruments.


As I worked on her, I felt that she was crying out to be abstracted to another level.

I went for a more fluid background instead on this version, but it appealed more to me, so I went for a bigger version 

I went for a hand drawn font again. as none of mine seemed right. I then photographed and played with the background in the computer.

final Blues Lady Poster
this texure echoes the texture in the background of the central image I washed it with another layer of colour.

Final Blues Lady v2
and this texture is the same one that I used in the 2nd Poster. I'm still not sure which I like best. 
I am quite pleased with this image, it looks like a good night would be had. She seems passionate and there is a bit of rhythm implied. In terms of process, I seem to wander away from the visual when I come to creating the final image. I think this will come with experience but knowing instinctively when something will work and also knowing when to stop are both things that I have to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment