Wednesday 30 March 2011

Assignment 3 - Jazz Poster - post 2

The 2nd idea I worked up was a straighter piece with references to the Deco posters.

I wasn't sure what to put in the background, when I started experimenting with colour patterns, the whole thing began to feel a bit too busy. Also the greens for the drums added one colour too many to my mind.
I persevered with a colour version in guache... 


I added the faded words as a texture in the background. Then I photographed the image and put a border on created from the ink texture in my mood board. Not sure about the figures, I wanted to give them a hand drawn sketchy feel, but I'm not sure that this was a good decision, perhaps it needed the crispness of printing.

Final version of Evening of Jazz 2
the whole effect is a bit bland!

No comments:

Post a Comment