Wednesday 23 March 2011

Viewpoint 2, Workshop - Sketchbook images

I turned to the sketchbook and did a number of fast sketches in rectangular and square formats. Here are some examples


I decided to go onto a bigger sheet of paper. 



And then to try some entirely different shapes out. Because I had laid the objects out at random angles, these didn't generally work as well I don't think. Although I do like the regular circle and the oval might have worked. The triangle would work as a pleasing image, not sure about whether it communicates the right idea though.


I quite enjoyed playing with the different frames, and the perspective slightly in the round frame, which actually gave the image a hint of Globe about it and I quite liked the idea of this globe shaped frame holding all the parts of the workshop within it, 'My world'.

However my favorite and the one that I worked up was the more conventional. I liked the fullness of the images and their proximity to the edges of the frame, the feeling that there was much more going on outside the frame and that they items had been flung down in the middle of a project.



No comments:

Post a Comment